Full and beautifully shaped lips are the embodiment of youth and femininity and are a charming eye-catcher. A beauty ideal in which lip volume is particularly important. A range of factors can contribute to a lack of lip volume, such as for example age or your natural disposition.
Nowadays, you can counteract this development easily and without complications using hyaluronic filler injections. But caution is advisable, as errors often result from selecting the wrong product. To reduce potential side effects to an absolute minimum, we exclusively work with high quality products like Restylane® hyaluronic filler made by the company Galderma. It is excellent flow properties ensure that there is no unevenness or hardening that could negatively affect the long-term result.
– Do I have to pay a fee for the consultation?
Yes, because the consultation is a medical service that has to be charged for in accordance with the German Scale of Fees for Physicians (GOÄ), we charge a one-off cost of €50 for your individual and in-depth consultation appointment.
– Which costs are associate with my treatment and are there financing options available?
We can provide you with precise details about treatment costs after an in-depth examination. We offer flexible financing models for your treatment. Please feel free to contact us at any time in case of any questions or for a non-binding financing offer.
– Will health insurance cover the costs?
In general, plastic surgery is not covered by health insurance, even in cases of psychological distress. However, you should seek advice from your health insurance company.
– Can the treatment be performed at the EPPSTEIN Clinic?
Yes, we have our own surgical theatre, so we are able to perform all treatments and surgeries on site.
– Why does EPPSTEIN Clinic not have any before and after photos?
According to Section 11 (1) of the Pharmaceutical Advertising Law, German doctors are not allowed to advertise plastic surgery using comparative pictures of how people look before and after surgery (before and after photos).
– I have a long journey, can the person accompanying me also spend the night in the clinic?
Yes, your companion can also stay overnight at the clinic.
– Can multiple treatments be performed during one appointment?
In general, multiple treatment can be performed during one appointment. However, we will discuss the possibility of combining various treatments during your personal consultation.
– What is the difference between a plastic surgeon and a specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery?
After completing their medical studies, a specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery specialises in plastic, reconstructive, and aesthetic surgery during their 6-year residency. Since “plastic surgeon” is not a protected term, any doctor can describe themself as a plastic surgeon without having done this specialist training. Which is why we recommend placing your trust in a specialist, like Dr. Eppstein.
– Is the EPPSTEIN Clinic a member of any professional associations?
Dr. med. Ron Julius Eppstein is a regular member of DGPRÄC (the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeons), the ISAPS (the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery), the VDÄPC (Association of German Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) and the GÄCD (Society for Aesthetic Surgery Germany e.V.).
– Will I be charged extra for staying overnight at the clinic?
No, overnight costs are included in your surgery price. You will not be charged any additional costs.
– How long does it normally take from consultation to surgery?
In general, your consultation and surgery appointment will be a few weeks apart. Legally, we have to adhere to a minimum period of 48 hours between the consultation and actually performing an elective procedure.
Legally, we have to adhere to a minimum period of 48 hours between the consultation and actually performing an elective procedure.
Certain secondary illnesses or taking anticoagulant medications may mean that it is not possible to perform plastic surgery. These things will be discussed in detail during your informed consent discussion.
– How can I best prepare for surgery?
During your consultation, Dr. Eppstein will explain everything you need to know before surgery. You should not take any medications like ASA (aspirin) that can affect blood clotting two weeks before the surgery. You should also avoid smoking cigarettes. Everything else is included in our “before and after” leaflet, which you will be given during your consultation.
– Can lips lose their sensitivity after filler injections using hyaluronic acid?
No, lips generally do not lose sensitivity after filler injections using hyaluronic acid.
– Are the effects of lip treatments using hyaluronic acid permanent?
As hyaluronic is a natural substance, it is broken down by the body. Because of this, the procedure isn’t permanent and will need to be repeated every 6-12 months.
After the procedure
– What should I do in case of complications?
You will be given an emergency number that you can use to reach Dr. Eppstein at any time. Please call right away in case of any complications.
– How can I ensure I recover well?
Getting enough physical rest and eating healthily are important factors for ensuring that your wounds heal quickly. Avoiding cigarettes and alcohol is equally important. Dr. Eppstein will discuss other individual factors with you during your consultation.
– Will I be in pain after surgery?
In general, the pain is quite tolerable. Dr. Eppstein will write you a prescription for pain medication depending on the type of surgery.
– How long do I need to wait before I can see the final result of my treatment?
A visible result is usually achieved after 3 months. The final result will then generally be visible after 6 months. Scars will settle into their final form around a year after surgery.
– Can my aftercare also be performed by a different doctor or in hospital, since I have a long journey?
This is possible under certain circumstances, but should be discussed with Dr. Eppstein individually.
– Do smoking and drinking alcohol have a direct effect on my recovery?
Smoking can cause blood vessels to constrict, which worsens blood flow to vessels and affects healing. So you should avoid cigarettes and alcohol to ensure a quicker healing process.